Hi, I am Yixuan Feng
I am passionate about gleaning insightful information from massive data assets and developing a culture of data-driven decision-making.
Today’s world is ruled by Data. Data is the most important asset a company could have to understand customer needs and grow its business. It has become more important to manage, cleanse and utilize this data effectively.
As a graduate student studying at Northeastern University, I am majoring in Data Analytics Engineering. My academic projects had built me in proficiencies in applying data analytics skills by using a diverse set of programming languages including SQL, R, Python.
Master of Science in Data Analytics Engineering | Expected May 2022
University of Washington
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering | Sep 2016 – Jun 2019
MEMICData Analyst Co-Op | Jul 2021 – Dec 2021
- Built a point-to-point data mapping to assis migration of core business systems with increased data security and accessibility
- Collaborated with development team on ETL procedures to ensure data quality for data reporting using SQL Server and IBM Db2
- Analyzed insurance claims data to understand the characteristics of the population of claims, developed probabilites for making reserving decisions, built 82% accuracy machine learning models in R studio for predicting losses on an incurred insurance
- Research external data from public statistics to comprehend the potential causes of worker’s compensation claims, documented API access techniques to enrich internal data
- Developed insightful visual presentation using Power BI to summarize aggregate claims data and to facilitate insurance loss control
Northeastern UniversityWebsite Design & Data Assistant | Mar 2021 – Present
- Built website for health science department which reflected their research and findings
- Visualized to interpret patterns within questionnaire dataset, supported research team to analyze project data
Northeastern UniversityTeaching Assistant | Sep 2020 – Dec 2020
- Implemented a class plan with flexible assignment submission and grading system, facilitated a better understanding of the course
- Mentored 60+ students in business statistics concepts including probability distributions, hypothesis testing and regression analysis
Jinan Tata Network Technology Co., LtdData Analyst Intern | Jun 2019 – Aug 2019
- Built a marketing plan for ecommerce business in Python and Excel to increase product visibility and market performance
- Automated the process to reduce 40% manual task of data cleaning and data normalization, examined sales trends in Python
- Performed market research and competitive analysis; suggested clients with recommendations using Tableau dashboards
- Increased ROI by 20% while effectively managing $10,000 in paid search campaigns to grow business online